Monday, January 28, 2008

Developer Environment

I recently spliced 20G out of my 160GB laptop drive so I can install Fedora 7 and work my rails app from there. After spending a week trying to look for suitable graphics and network cards, I gave up and switched back to Vista for my code writing and decided to use the Linux instead for pre-production deployment. Newer laptops almost always comes with pain when newer hardware doesn't have the linux kernel drivers yet.

Of course, there are Intel drivers out there but at this point, I would rather wait for new kernels that may support the existing graphics hardware rather than spending so many precious times doing trial and error to get my 1280x800 graphics looks cool.

Why Bill Gates is Reckoned to be the Greatest Gift to Secular Humanity

No comments: